Anglepoise Model 75 Lamp By Herbert Terry & Son Ltd.
Anglepoise Model 75 Lamp (1968) By Herbert Terry & Son Ltd.
Vintage cream desk lamp with circular base.
In 1968, the Anglepoise lamp evolved into the ubiquitous Model 75, which further refined the original Anglepoise design. Most significant was the introduction of a rounded base instead of a stepped and square shape, a fluted shade and a rocker switch. The Type 75 Anglepoise, has a noticeably fluid motion, which is facilitated by modern precision engineering while paying homage to the original.
Specific design changes include:
- A round base that has a relatively small footprint
- The fork that has a more rounded profile
- The oval recess built into the fork says ‘Anglepoise’
- Spring caps are used for extra adjustability
- Nylon components used throughout the linkage strip area
- The side arms use a tube construction
- The swivel joint into the shade is an all-metal construction
- The distinctive fluted shade does not have a rolled edge, and is painted white inside
- The top of the shade has a removable top, to enable maintenance of the product and includes a rocker switch
Height fully extended 36" (914mm). Width of shade 5.5" (140mm).
Can be viewed in 'On Friendship and Chairs, 60 King Henry's Walk, Dalston London N1 4NJ.
Shipping cost is to the Mainland UK only.
Thanks for looking.